New Ideas Submission
We are open to new ideas, and we welcome your input.
The Hellenic Initiative is always open to new ideas, and we welcome your input. Every idea submitted should articulate clear social objectives and a compelling strategy to achieve them with THI’s support. Please keep in mind that in relation to the large number of worthwhile submissions we receive, our funds are limited. We ask that you please submit ideas through this form, and refrain from contacting program officers directly. If we are interested in learning more about your idea, you will hear from us within 30 days.
- Read our Annual Reports. Find out more about our current work and areas of interest. Check our website, our past grantees and our announcements in the news section and social media.
- Adhere to the formatting and content requirements laid out in the idea submission form below. These requirements are inflexible. Proposals not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
- Avoid rhetoric and hyperbole. Illustrate with real instances or examples.
- Be specific about outputs and outcomes. The proposal should explicitly state expected practical, tangible outputs (such as number of entrepreneurs whose training or careers are affected,) and outcomes (such as new knowledge, institutional strengthening, etc). BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT WHAT OUTPUTS OR OUTCOMES WOULD MAKE YOU THINK THE PROJECT HAD BEEN A SUCCESS (nr of beneficiaries, increase in nr of volunteers, higher sales, high enrollments, etc.)
- If the effort connects to or benefits other programs or areas of The Hellenic Initiative point this out.
- Be explicit about the duration of the project (e.g. 12 or 18 months).
- Be clear about management. Who will do what jobs and who will have what responsibilities, obligations, and powers?