Global Corporate Partners Program
Supporting Greece’s entrepreneurialism and economic development
Since its founding in 2012, The Hellenic Initiative (THI) has provided over $16 million to Greece, 60% of which has been committed to Greece’s entrepreneurial and economic development. In 2020, we launched the Global Corporate Partners Program to create a circle of like-minded corporations who share this commitment to support the entrepreneurial drive and economic vision of the Greek people and believe in the potential of the Greek market to recover and remake itself.
In 2020, the Global Corporate Partners Program helped fund:
- Largest placement firm in Greece.
- Places college-educated Greeks under age 29 in six-month internships, which have led to permanent jobs in 92% of cases.
- 6 years of continuous growth since inception (2014-2020)
- 506 placements in 450 hiring companies in 2020
- Focus on growth sectors for placements: STEM, financial services, healthcare, fast-moving consumer goods, marketing.
THI Venture Impact Awards (VIA)
- 14 awards of $10,000 – $30,000 to promising Greece-based, Greek-founded companies (120 applications received)
- VIA Criteria: less than $2m in pre-existing funding, proof of concept, scalability, viability, and impact
- Award naming opportunities available to Global Corporate Partners
Our Partners are a global network of multinational corporations
with strategic and/or philanthropic interest in Greece
Our Global Corporate Partners share our vision for Greece. Whether international companies making strategic entry into the Greek market, Greek companies expanding international relationships, or Philhellenes, supporting Greece’s economic recovery our Corporate Partners work with THI to achieve their corporate objectives in Greece. Global Corporate Partners have the opportunity to form strategic relationships, learn about the Greek market, and gain exposure – through our Annual Report, social media, newsletters, and forums – to the largest network (over 30,000) of Diaspora Greeks in the world.