Global Corporate Partners Program
Supporting Greece’s entrepreneurialism and economic development
Since its founding in 2012, The Hellenic Initiative (THI) has been committed to investment in Greece’s human capital. THI has provided over $16 million to Greece, 60% of which has gone towards Greece’s entrepreneurial and economic development. In 2020, we launched the Global Corporate Partners Program to create a circle of like-minded corporations who share this commitment to support the entrepreneurial drive and economic vision of the Greek people and believe in the potential of the Greek market to recover and remake itself.
In 2020, the Global Corporate Partners Program helped fund:
- Largest placement firm in Greece.
- Places college-educated Greeks under age 29 in six-month internships, which have led to permanent jobs in 92% of cases.
- 6 years of continuous growth since inception (2014-2020)
- 506 placements in 450 hiring companies in 2020
- Focus on growth sectors for placements: STEM, financial services, healthcare, fast-moving consumer goods, marketing.
THI Venture Impact Awards (VIA)
- 14 awards of $10,000 – $30,000 to promising Greece-based, Greek-founded companies (120 applications received)
- VIA Criteria: less than $2m in pre-existing funding, proof of concept, scalability, viability, and impact
- Award naming opportunities available to Global Corporate Partners
Our Partners are a global network of multinational corporations
with strategic and/or philanthropic interest in Greece
The following corporations are members of our Global Corporate Partners Program 2020. We thank them for their partnership.
Whether international companies making strategic entry into the Greek market, Greek companies expanding international relationships or philhellenes, our Global Corporate Partners share our vision for Greece. Our partners have the opportunity to form strategic relationships, learn about and have access to the Greek market, and gain exposure to the largest network of Greeks of the diaspora in the world. Global Corporate Partners are invited to THI President’s biannual briefing, listed in our annual report and are part of a global partnership focused on Greece’s economic development.