Global Corporate Partners Program (GCPP)
Support Greece’s entrepreneurialism and economic development
Since its founding in 2012, The Hellenic Initiative (THI) has been committed to investment in Greece’s human capital. THI has provided over $16 million to Greece, 60% of which has gone towards Greece’s entrepreneurial and economic development. In 2020, we launched the Global Corporate Partners Program to create a circle of like-minded corporations who share this commitment to support the entrepreneurial drive and economic vision of the Greek people and believe in the potential of the Greek market to recover and remake itself.
In 2020, the Global Corporate Partners Program helped fund:
- Largest placement firm in Greece; since 2014 has placed over 2,000 college-educated Greeks under age 29 in six-month internships, which have led to permanent jobs in 92% of cases.
- Regeneration has experienced 6 years of continuous growth since inception (2014-2020):
- 35 placements in 2014 grew to 506 placements in 2020.
- 20 hiring companies in 2014 grew to 450 hiring companies in 2020
- Top 5 sectors of placements: STEM, financial services, and healthcare, fast-moving consumer goods, marketing. (57% of placements)
THI Venture Impact Awards
- 14 awards of between $10,000 and $30,000, allocated through a competitive process (120 applications received) to promising Greece-based, Greek-founded companies
- Companies must demonstrate among other criteria: less than $2m in pre-existing funding, proof of concept, scalability, viability, and impact
- GCPP naming opportunities for future Venture Impact Awards
Our Partners are a global network of multinational corporations
with strategic and/or philanthropic interest in Greece
The following corporations are members of our Global Corporate Partners Program 2020:
Whether international companies making strategic entry into the Greek market, Greek companies expanding international relationships or philhellenes, our Global Corporate Partners share our vision for Greece. Our partners have the opportunity to form strategic relationships, learn about and have access to the Greek market, and gain exposure to the largest network of Greeks of the diaspora in the world.
We thank them for their partnership in support of the economic development of Greece.
- Invitation to THI President’s
- Corporate logo listing on THI’s website
- bi-annual briefing
- Membership in THI’s committed corporate circle
- Listing in Annual Report