The Hellenic Initiative’s 10th Anniversary Gala To Be Held December 3
November 9, 2022
Event Honors Dr. Albert Bourla, CEO and Chairman of Pfizer,
Celebrates THI’s First Decade and Looks to the Future
NEW YORK, October 25, 2022 —The Hellenic Initiative (THI), the leading group uniting the Greek diaspora and philhellenes internationally, will host its 10th Anniversary New York Gala on Saturday, December 3, 2022, in New York City. Funds raised will be deployed in Greece to support humanitarian programs and nurture Greek economic and entrepreneurial development.
THI’s new “Plant a Tree in Greece” campaign will be featured at the event. The program offers the opportunity to memorialize special life events while helping to reforest Greece and restore the livelihoods many lost in the wildfires of 2021.
Since its founding, THI has become the largest Greek diaspora organization in the world, with supporters in over 45 countries. The New York Gala, THI’s largest annual event, will host over 800 dignitaries and guests this year.
HONOREE: For the 10th Anniversary Gala celebration, THI will honor Dr. Albert Bourla, Chairman and CEO of Pfizer. Dr. Bourla was born and raised in Thessaloniki, Greece. Dr. Bourla now lives in New York, and remains deeply connected to his Greek Jewish roots.
- As CEO of Pfizer, he oversaw the development of the world’s first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine. During more than 25 years at Pfizer, he has held senior positions across a range of markets and disciplines, which has informed his understanding of the needs of patients and deepened his commitment to helping ensure equitable access to medicines and vaccines. He is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and holds a Ph.D. from the Veterinary School of Aristotle University.
- In 2022, he was named the Genesis Prize Laureate in recognition of his leadership during the pandemic. In 2021, he was named CEO of the Year by CNN Business, included in Insider Magazine’s Most Transformative CEOs list and inducted into the Crain’s New York Business Hall of Fame.
- Serving as emcee will be James N. Gianopulos, Ret. Chairman and CEO, Paramount Pictures, a pioneer in the evolution of new entertainment media and technologies for more than 30 years and a celebrated industry leader.
- One of the most popular singers in Greece today, Athens born Greek superstar Elli Kokkinou, will perform. She has just completed a successful U.S. and Canada tour.
- Additional special guests are expected to attend and will be announced as details become available.
WHEN: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- 6:30 p.m. Cocktails and silent auction
- 8:00 p.m. Dinner and awards
- 10:00 p.m. Entertainment and dancing
- Cocktails to be held at the historic 48 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005.
- Dinner to be held across the red-carpeted street at Cipriani, 55 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005 (between William & Hanover Streets).
- Individual $800, New Leader (45 years old and younger) $400, New Leader Balcony Screen View $350. Table prices start at $15,000.
- Visit https://www.eventora.com/en/Events/hellenic-initiatives-10th-annu-1
SILENT AUCTION: Both luxury and charitable auction items will be offered in a silent auction. Greek artists, food and wine purveyors, luxury destinations, and fashion and jewelry designers from around the world have come together to donate items. A bidding website will be available two weeks prior to the event.
ABOUT THI: Founded in 2012, THI is a global, nonprofit, secular institution mobilizing the Greek diaspora and philhellene community to support sustainable economic recovery and renewal for the Greek people. THI’s programs address crisis relief through strong nonprofit organizations and build entrepreneurial skills in a new generation of business leaders. In recent years, THI has made direct distribution of more than $20 million, 60% of which has been deployed into Greece’s economic development, and 40% into programs focused on crisis relief, and generated extensive additional funding with significant impact on the GNP of Greece.